It’s that time again for the TW MIBs Fabulous Charity Raffle at our December Christmas drinks on Wednesday 21st December (click here if you’d like to come). Our lovely members and other local businesses donate prizes and all the proceeds go to our nominated charity Fegans, which provides counselling and support for local children and families.. And as our local business community is so amazingly generous we usually have ridiculously good odds of winning something!
So, here’s a list of this year’s prizes so far, which I’ll update as I receive them…
- Video analysis swim session 75 minutes in a private pool in Sevenoaks worth £100 from Laura Ansell at TriSwim. You don’t need to be a strong swimmer to benefit from the session – you will be the only person in the pool so there’s nothing to worry about or compare yourself to.
- A place on 100 Day Business GrowthCamp worth £225 from Claire Witz and Mark Ballett at GrowthSteps. Starts January 2017.
- Personal training session worth £37 (private or up to 4 people) from Katharine at KC Fitness, who specialises in post natal exercise. This can take place in your home, garden or an outdoor space in Tunbridge Wells or nearby villages.
- Choice of framed A4 print from the My England Series worth £49.50 from Sue Redden at the Rare Skills Gallery
- Oxidised Silver “Spot the missing stone” stud earrings worth £48 handmade by Catherine Hills
- £50 voucher for any framed cast or freestanding statue from Christine Sharman at Babyprints Tunbridge Wells.
- Three Kindleboxes worth £37.50 from Kerri Pritchard at Logbox Firewood
- Pottery painting for 2 from Samantha Vian at Slap n Dash
- Vocabulistic Set worth £25 to support kids learning grammar at home from Jo Smith of Yoohoo.
- One hour of personal styling advice worth £60 from Lynne Meek of Styling Matters. Lynne can also offer the winner a special half price hourly rate if additional hours are taken to make up the session with her to a Half Day (4 hours) or Full Day (7 hours). A half day is sufficient for a wardrobe edit or a personal shopping trip, or a full day is usually enough time for both, and both sessions include a colour, shape and style analysis.
- A 60 minute massage worth £43 from Claire Terry at Tonbridge Osteopath Clinic
- An osteopathic consultation worth £45 from Claire Terry at Tonbridge Osteopath Clinic
- An interior design consultation (priceless!) from Nicky Percival at Nicky Percival Interior Design
- Chocolate making workshop voucher worth £20 from Alison Hazell at Temper Temper
- A copy of Love Selling worth £12.99 from Audrey Chapman of The Sales Resolution
- Sewing class voucher worth £45 from Jane Parker of Alphabetty Designs
- Personalised art print from Agatha O’Neill and Dream Love Create
- Luxury facial worth £60 from Victoria Burger at Serenity Therapies
- £20 voucher from Revive Hairdressing
- 2 Jump In Golden Tickets from Jump In Trampoline Arena in Tonbridge
- 2 Hour Mini Marketing One-to-one Workshop on how to build a successful brand for your business worth £150 from Emma Turner of Turner & Two
- Moet & Chandon Rose Champagne from Laura Ellis of Lilyflair
- Box of goodies for gardeners (and normal people!) from Alison Marsden of Gardening by Design
- Photoshoot for children or families worth £80 from Janet Penny
- 60 minute garden consultation from David Fraser of Fraser Garden Design
- A copy of Get Fruitful – The Playbook worth £15 from Anwen Cooper of Get Fruitful Marketing
- Gift voucher worth £295 from Jade of Jade Tinkler Photography for a professional make-over, luxury women’s portrait experience in her studio and £100 to spend on images.
- Bollinger champagne from Sam Heywood of Elizabeth Henry Nannies
- 2-hour mentoring session worth £100 on a topic to be mutually agreed from Claire Wilson at Clairetrainer
- £25 voucher for beauty treatments from Mirahv Joseph from Beauty at No. 53.
- 3 hours domestic cleaning or 4 hours babysitting worth £30-£45 from Charlotte Conroy of Marvellous Mums
- One-to-one hour-long yoga session worth £50 from Julia Maitland of The Yoga House
Can you donate something big or small to add to our list please? If so please email email@example.com.
We currently have a very limited number of membership places available at TW Mums in Business. They don’t come up very often so it would be wonderful to fill them with people whose business skills aren’t currently represented.
Below is a list of businesses that we don’t currently have. Is yours on it? Or do you know someone else whose is?
If so, and if you’d like to be part of a friendly, sociable, supportive and inspiring group of other local women who all run businesses around family commitments, please follow this link to apply. You can also find more information about our meetings, membership, what’s included and how much it costs on our website.
If your business is not on the list but you’re interested in joining, please get in touch to check, it might be that we’ve just missed it off!
Have you ever considered writing your own business book? Neither had I until recently…
Now, you might not have ever considered writing and publishing a book for your own business. To be honest, I hadn’t either until I started talking to Anwen of Get Fruitful Marketing one day who is in the process of doing just that and whose new book is amazingly professional (and useful!). And it made me realise that it’s actually something that’s achievable for a normal small business owner now that changes in technology allow “print-on-demand”. So our guest speaker this month is Sharon Lynn of Get Writing, Get Published! who’s been working with Anwen to help her get her book published.
What we’ll be doing this month…
Networking time – A friendly and inspiring evening with plenty of time for you to meet and chat with other local business mums. The attendee list will be circulated in advance of the meeting so that you can familiarise yourself with who is coming to help you on the evening.
Topic talk – Our speaker Sharon will be talking about why and how to consider publishing your own business book. She’ll cover:
- Questions you must ask before you write a word
- How having a book and being an author can add value to your business way beyond the price of the book
- Defining your target audience
- How to make money from your book before it’s even written!
- The four needs of the Get Writing, Get Published! Solution – Prepare, Produce, Publish, Profit
Click here for further details and to book your place.
Summer Networking Drinks
By the end of the summer hols there’s a fair chance you might be in dire need of some adult conversation too.
If so, then come along to our summer networking drinks on 31st August.
Nothing complicated this month – just meeting up in the pub for a good old-fashioned chat with other mums in business over drinks and tapas.
Come along! New faces are always very welcome. Click here for more info and to book.
PS There’s a small charge to cover the cost of our tapas.
PS II The attendee list will be sent round that morning so that you know who else is coming and can plan who you might like to meet or be introduced to.
Would you like to grow your business but are not sure how to do it or which direction to take? If you answered yes, then you’ll find this invaluable…
TW MIBs is running a daytime workshop on Tuesday 17th May in conjunction with local business school GrowthSteps.
Early bird and 2-for-1 tickets available until Friday 6th May. Click here for more info and to book
What we’ll cover in this workshop
- Best Practice – what is best practice in the management of a growing business?
- Current Position – exactly what have you achieved to date and why?
- Clarify what is it you desire – what do you want from your business and how realistic is your ambition?
- Opportunities – where will growth come from and how to prioritise the opportunities you have
- Competencies – what are your strengths and what competencies do you need to add to your business?
- Personal Qualities – what will help and what will get in the day of growth
- An optional follow-up 15 minute one-to-one phone/skype call following the workshop to discuss any aspects of the workshop or your business.
In addition to thinking more deeply about these aspects, you’ll take away a simple worksheet and notes, that will allow you to easily apply what you have learnt.
At the end of this workshop you’ll not only be in a stronger position to grow your business but you will have the tools to put what you have learned into practice.
Early bird and 2-for-1 tickets available until Friday 6th May. Click here for more info and to book
Hello and happy new year!
I’ve been busy planning our next few meetings and we have a wide range of topics and sessions organised:
Meetings are free for TW MIBs members and £15 for guests. In addition to our speaker there is always time for formal and informal networking at every event too.
It’s that time again for the TW MIBs Fabulous Charity Raffle at our December Christmas drinks on Monday 14th December (click here if you’d like to come). Our members and other local businesses donate prizes and all the proceeds go to our nominated charity Ellenor (formerly chYps), which provides at-home hospice care for Kent children. And as we have so many amazingly generous members we usually have ridiculously good odds of winning something!
So, here’s a list of this year’s prizes, which I’ll update as I receive them…
- A 90 minute massage worth £58 from Victoria at Serenity Therapies
- Free place on a Do4Kidz Danceworks holiday club workshop, worth £25. from Chloe
- A bundle of beautiful Christmas and occasion cards designed by Agatha of Dream Love Create
- Acupuncture session worth £45 from Elma at Acupuncture Space
- Champagne and a financial health-check worth £150 from Katie at Equinox Wealth
- An hour of personal on-site gardening or design advice worth £40 in the Sevenoaks/Tunbridge Wells area, including note from the visit, from Alison Marsden of Gardening by Design
- Free place on Christmas holiday 3 day Football or Multi-Sports course worth £48.00 from Carl and Glyn at M-Sporti.
- 10 hand-made chalkboard letters favours worth £70 from Estelle at Dilly + Diti
- Silver ‘Spot the Missing Stone Studs’ earrings worth £48 handmade by Catherine of Catherine Hills Jewellery
- Winter plated container from Alison Marsden of Gardening by Design
- One hour career coaching session with a qualified career coach worth £100, from Rhian at Careerworks
- One place on a colour workshop worth £120 from Rebecca Randall (workshop date is 27th January in Tunbridge Wells)
- One month’s membership of Fit4Less worth £21.99 from Charles at Fit4Less Tunbridge Wells
- £50 gift voucher for le petit jardin in Chapel Place from Tia at www.birdhousetherapies.co.uk
- Mums in Business Survival Kit from Karen McClure Garden and Landscape Designer
- Family portrait photography session which includes an 8″x6″ print from Heather at www.wrightportraits.co.uk
- One free hour of personal styling advice or shopping worth £55 from Lynne of Styling Matters. Lynne can also offer the winner a special Half Price hourly rate if additional hours are taken to make up the session with her to a Half Day (4 hrs) or a Full Day (7 hrs). A Half Day is sufficient for a Wardrobe Edit or a Personal Shopping trip, a Full Day is usually enough time for both, and both sessions include a colour, shape and style analysis.
- Half day bespoke business/lifestyle management support worth £100 from Annie of Bijou Concierge.
- Cut and Blow Dry from The Chapel
- Two tutoring sessions and an individual consultation worth £52 from Arthur and Stephanie at Bright Young Things
- Platinum-plated heart necklace worth £76 from Ileana at Alecsandra Grace
- Necklace from Sharron at Ilse Jacobsen
- Hypnotherapy session from Karen at Hypnotherapy Kent
- £30 wine vouchers from Carolyn of Waggatails and The Secret Cellar
- Set of 3 French/English bilingual books and music CD worth £40 from Mandie at Les Puces
- Professional Headshot Photography Session worth £50 from Chelin Miller
- Cut & Blow Dry with Artistic Director worth £59 from Claire at Design A Head Tunbridge Wells
- Champagne Hamper from Boo at Clever Little Cake Kits
- One hour of stress management coaching worth £60 from Kate at Personal Change Therapies
- Vocabulistic! to support with reading, spelling, sentence building and grammar worth £25, from Suzanne and Jo at Yoohoo resources
- Choice of 2 hours of cleaning or 4 hours of evening babysitting from Charlotte of Marvellous Mums
- Chocolate tower from Carol at Term Time Teachers
- Pottery painting for two from Samantha at Slap n Dash
- Bottle of Vodka from Sam of Elizabeth Henry Nannies
- A”Gift of Time“ – 2 hours of Personal Assistance/Business Support worth £50 from Jen of Business Tree Virtual Assistance.
- £50 gift voucher for a hand/foot casting from Christine and Babyprints
- Something from me but I’m not sure what yet!
- Champagne from Laura at Lilyflair
- Interior design consultation worth £250 providing inspiration and mood board for a room in the winner’s home or business from Nicky Percival.
- Place on a sewing workshop or 3 hours of one-to-one tuition worth £45 from Jane at Alphabetty
- £50 voucher for business or family photography from Janet Penny
- Hamper from Julia May
- 90 minute individual yoga consultation, practice and relaxation session from Francesca at Enjoy Yoga
- Mini marketing audit – 2-hour meeting going through the winner’s marketing tools (website, branding, stationery, brochures etc) and making suggestions for improvement from Emma at Turner and Two
Can you donate something to add to our list please? If so please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early bird ticket offer applies until next Monday 21st September!
We’re pleased to announce a further collaboration with Mark Ballett of Inspired Business Advice, who delivered an excellent Business Growth Workshop for us earlier in the year. This Autumn we are offering you the chance to go back to school and enrol as a student in our Pop-Up Small Business School. Anyone hoping to start up or in the early stages of business will find it relevant and extremely useful.
Over 5 consecutive weeks you can learn how to best select and start a new business that is most likely to work for you. Each week there will be a 2 hour lecture during school hours, followed up with some homework (Yes, it really will be like going back to school!) on the following topics:
- choosing the best business for you
- small business marketing
- small business finance
- collaboration and working with others
- preparing a simple business plan.
You can either sign up for the whole course or individual sessions, it’s up to you.
The course starts straight after October Half Term on Tuesday 3rd November for 5 weeks, during school hours between 10-12am in Tunbridge Wells town centre.
Places are limited. Click here to book yours.
Come along to a relaxed summer evening of informal networking on Wednesday 19th August. Hope to see you there!
Click here for more info and to book