When: On 15/05/2018 from 9:45 am to 2:30 pm
Where: Penshurst Village Hall (Victoria Room and Library) (click on link for map)
Our hands-on creative workshop for small businesses and bloggers will help you take beautiful, professional photos for your social media and website in a “normal home” environment without access to a studio using either a DSLR camera or modern smart phone.
You will receive expert tuition from 2 professional photographers Janet Penny of Janet Penny Photography who specialises in studio photography, and Claire Williamson of Little Olives who specialises in outdoor photography, and experienced ecommerce seller and business advisor Claire Witz.
What we’ll cover:
- Styling and composition
- Creating different kinds of images
- “hero” product
- close-ups detail
- environmental “in use”
- flat-lays (shots from above typically seen on e.g. Instagram)
- your own background “stock” images to use with wording on e.g. Word Swag app
- different sizing and aspect ratios for your website and social media
- Using backgrounds and props to suit your brand
- How to use the key functions and settings of your own camera / phone
- Introduction to image editing software and apps
- Follow-on support via a Facebook group.
Who is the workshop suitable for?
- Ecommerce sellers, social media users and bloggers
- Beginners and improvers
- Limited to 16 participants so that you get the support and attention you need. Advance booking is necessary
- You will need to bring your own camera / phone (or both if you have them), a small selection of your own products if you have them, and any preferred backdrops
- You will be asked to provide information about the kind of products you will be bringing and your camera/phone in advance of attending the course
- Tea, coffee and cake provided but please bring a packed lunch.
Feedback from our last photography workshops
- 100% of participants said they are more confident about using the functions of their camera
- 100% said that they are now able to take better photos as a result of the workshop
- 100% felt the teaching was at the right level for them (despite a wide range of abilities)
- 100% would recommend the workshop to others.