When: On 26/03/2018 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
A practical hands-on, small group workshop in Tunbridge Wells covering the basics of using Mailchimp for your business by sitting down together with our laptops and going through it “live” using your own Mailchimp account. The workshop will last about 4 hours including tea breaks and is limited to no more than 4 people so that you get the time and attention you need.
You’ll take away instructions to refer back to, which you can add to with your own notes to remind yourself of how to tailor things to suit your own business. I’ll also be happy to answer any queries and give you a hand if you get stuck once you do things on your own after the workshop.
The workshop will be held in Tunbridge Wells – address will be provided after booking.
What we’ll cover in the Beginner workshop
Stage 1 will cover all the basics you’ll need to know to start using Mailchimp, including:
- Introduction to Mailchimp and why use it
- Creating lists and sign-up forms
- Creating segments of lists and how they are useful
- Importing, subscribing and unsubscribing
- Backing up your lists
- Complying with the new GDPR data protection rules
- Structuring and creating your first html email to fit your branding including colours, logos, images, links, optimal layouts and how to insert text fields using information from your list
- Sending your first campaign
- Brief introduction to analytics and behind the scenes reporting
What we’ll cover in the Intermediate workshop
A stage 2 Intermediate workshop is also available (you can book either one or both at the same time (save £25 by booking both now). Stage 2 will cover the following:
- Review where you got to after Stage 1 with troubleshooting if necessary
- Reviewing your mailing list formats
- Scheduling your emails so that they go at the right time
- Analytics in more depth and how to use them to make your campaigns more successful
- Split A/B testing
- Advertising on Facebook
Please let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to be covered and I’ll factor it in if possible.
One-to-one private training is also available – please contact me for details.
About your trainer
Claire Witz (also the organiser of S+TW Mums in Business) has over 8 years’ experience using and training in Mailchimp and email marketing. She is also a business advisor and trainer at GrowthSteps.
How to book
Space is limited and advance booking is necessary. Please scroll down this page to book your place.
Bookings are closed for this event.