NB NEW DATE TO AVOID THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
“No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent”
- Getting your own way, no matter what?
- Getting people to do things they don’t want to do?
- Using sarcasm?
- Ignoring people?
- Keeping quiet for fear of upsetting people?
- Saying ‘yes’ when you want to say ‘no’?
Does any of this sound like you?
If so, at our next meeting on Wednesday 20 June, we have guest speaker Katie Day talking to us about Confidence & Assertiveness for Mums in Business. ADVANCE BOOKING REQUIRED
What we’ll be covering
- What assertiveness is, and is not
- How assertiveness relates to confidence
- How to change your energy drainers into energy givers by changing how you react and interact
- How to create a win/win situation most of the time
- The benefits of being a woman in business
- Being clear about your point without being sidetracked
- Being equal with others and retaining your uniqueness
- Dealing with conflict
- Being able to reach workable solutions to difficulties
- A win/win result
- Treating yourself and others with dignity and respect
About our speaker Katie Day is a fully qualified Business & Personal Coach, Personal Development Trainer and Image Consultant. She has 17 years experience of working with private, public and education sectors on personal presentation, self development, diversity, work/life balance and corporate social responsibility.
Having run her own company from 1989 training corporate clients in the power of personal presentation, Katie then went on to run self development courses for the same clients concentrating on goal setting and assertiveness.
Katie worked for The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development from 1995 to 1999 running self development courses and guiding the Bank through the maze that is Diversity. In 1999 Katie joined Business in the Community working primarily with City clients on Diversity issues, specialising in gender diversity. Katie has also worked with clients on their corporate social responsibility agenda for 6 years.
Her clients include a long list of names you’ll recognise, e.g. BAE Systems, Citibank, Credit Suisse First Boston, Gallaher Group, JP Morgan Chase, Kimberly Clark Europe, Shire Pharmaceuticals, The Berkeley Group, The Mears Group, The Sony Corporation
Spaces are limited therefore advance booking is necessary.
When Wednesday 20 June 2012, arrive 7.30 pm for an 8 pm start
Where Spa Hotel, Tunbridge Wells
How much free for members, £15 for non-members (refundable if you join TW MIBs within 7 days after the meeting).